Here are the steps for using curbside checkout:
- Place a request through the online catalog. The link is at the bottom of this page, but please read through these procedures carefully before proceeding. Requests must be placed by 3 pm Monday through Friday to ensure same-day pickup. To place a request, search for the item(s) you want, and click the ‘Place Request’ button. You will need to enter your library card barcode number and password. The default password for your online account is the last four digits of the phone number you listed when you signed up for a library card. If you are unable to access the online catalog or your account, you may place a request via telephone at 817-523-5862.
- Wait for a notification that your materials are ready for checkout. This may take up to two hours from the time you place your request. The notification may be by phone, email, or text, depending on the preference you indicated when you signed up for your library card. If you do not receive a notification within two hours from the time you made your request, please call the library at 817-523-5862. NOTE: Once you receive the notification, your requested items will be ready for you to pick up during our normal operating hours and will be held for you for at least three days.
- When you receive the notification that your materials are ready, come to the library and park in our designated curbside pickup parking spots. Our curbside parking spots are located on the side of our building and they are marked by signs.
- Please have your library card or identification ready then call 817-523-5862 to let us know that you are here.
- Library staff will verify your library card number or identification information over the phone. We will then bring your new items to your car. If you have any items to return, please have them in a plastic bag ready to give to the librarian. In some cases we may need to process your returned items before we are able to check out any new items.
Thank you for your cooperation in observing these procedures. As always, if you have any questions about curbside checkout or any other library service, please email us or call the library at 817-523-5862.